Depending on the student’s program requirements, students may be unconditionally admitted to the Class B and Alternative Class A initial certification programs through the following means:
- ACT score that meets minimum requirement set by the Alabama State Department of Education
- SAT score that meets minimum requirement set by the Alabama State Department of Education
- Praxis Core (reading, writing, and mathematics)
- A combination of the above scores from different subtests can also be used to meet unconditional admissions requirements
Please contact the Academic Advisor of the program you are currently in or interested in for more details.
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators
The Praxis Core is administered through Educational Testing Services (ETS) and is a computer-based assessment offered at approved sites throughout the year. The subtest, test code, and passing score include:
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Reading (5713) — Passing score 156
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Writing (5723) — Passing score 162
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics (5733) — Passing score 150
If you wish to take all three Praxis Core exams (5713, 5723, and 5733) at the same time, select Core Academic Skills for Educators: Combined Test (5752) when registering. Scores will be reported by individual test (5713, 5723, and 5733).
To register for this assessment, create a Praxis Account.
- Score reports must be sent to Auburn University and to the Alabama State Department of Education directly from ETS.
- Auburn University (Code 1005) and the Alabama State Department of Education (Code 7020) must be listed as score recipients.
- Auburn University and the Alabama State Department of Education do not accept paper score reports.
Praxis II Assessment
The Praxis II Assessment series consists of content and pedagogy specific tests based on your certification program. Students must pass all required Praxis II assessments for their program prior to clinical residency.
Deadlines for taking and earning a passing score are noted below:
- Fall clinical residency (internship) placements – June 30th of that calendar year.
- Spring clinical residency (internship) placements – October 31st of the prior calendar year.
Additional Resources for students taking examinations administered by Educational Testing Services (ETS):
- Praxis Fee Waiver
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
- Extended test time for test takers whose primary language is not English
Note: When you register, you must ensure that Auburn University (Code 1005) and Alabama State Department of Education (Code 7020) are listed as score recipients.
The edTPA is a nationally scored performance-based assessment. This assessment is designed to measure an individual’s ability to plan, instruct, and assess student learning. The edTPA is program specific to your program of study.