All teacher education students are admitted to Auburn University and the College of Education with a pre-teacher education status. Prospective transfer students should contact an academic advisor in their intended program area before transferring to Auburn University to determine if teacher education admission requirements can be completed prior to enrollment.
Successful completion of an undergraduate teacher education program involves four steps:
- Admission to Teacher Education
- Admission to Clinical Residency
- Recommendation for Teacher Certification
- Admission to Teacher Education is linked with your admission to the Graduate School.
- Additional admission requirements can be found on your academic degree page.
- Graduate students who successfully complete a teacher education program will be eligible to apply for an Alabama Class A professional educator certificate (master’s level certification).
- Programs leading to Alabama Class AA certification are available.
- Students seeking certification in states other than Alabama are responsible for contacting those state certification offices to inquire about any state-specific requirements.
- Questions about Teacher Certification? Contact us.