The program is currently only admitting and preparing students in the area of special education.
FOR THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
- Online Application and Payment
- Official College Transcripts:
- Request official transcripts from all colleges you attended
- Request official transcripts well in advance of March 15 application deadline
- Send directly to Auburn University Graduate School, 106B Hargis Hall, Auburn, Alabama 36849.
- Official GRE Scores:
- GRE Testing Center must send scores directly to Auburn University’s Graduate School
- Use AU Code #1005.
- Allow 4 to 6 weeks to receive and post your scores
- TOEFL Report for International students:
- Minimum score required for admission.
- Paper TOEFL range = 310 to 677; Auburn minimum 550
- Computer TOEFL range = 0 to 300; Auburn minimum 213
- iBT TOEFL range = 0-120; Auburn minimum 79
- Three Reference Forms
Questions for the Graduate School? Call 334-844-4700
FOR THE DEPARTMENT
- Program Application Supplement
- Send the following items to Nancy Evans:
- Writing Sample. On your sample, include a title of “Writing Sample,” your name, and Special Education Ph.D. The writing sample should be a minimum two-page paper on an issue or issues related to disabilities in society and/or public schools, including how you will use a doctoral degree to make your contribution to the field. The text should be double-spaced with a 12-point font; use 1 inch margins.
- Vita or Resume. When sending vita or resume, indicate the program to which you are applying.
- Teaching Certificate in Special Education. When sending this certificate, indicate the program to which you are applying.
Questions for the Department? Call 334-844-2876. We encourage you to call for confirmation that materials have been received!