- December 1
- Fall admissions only
1. Complete the Graduate School Application
- Select “EDUCATION/COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY/PhD” as the program choice.
- When prompted, submit the names and contact information for 3 references. For each reference, you must answer “Yes” to the question, “Will this provider be submitting the letter of recommendation online?”
- Upload the following 3 documents:
- Statement of Interest. Write about your previous experiences (e.g., provision of counseling or helping roles, research, volunteer work, prior education and training, etc.) that demonstrate your qualifications for the doctoral program. Describe how your pursuit of this degree will help meet your career objectives and why you want to complete your degree at Auburn University.
- Cultural Statement. Write a response to the following prompt: Describe in detail up to three experiences you have had working with individuals who are culturally different from yourself (e.g., race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, age, nationality, ability status, etc.). For each experience, describe your role (e.g., counselor, teacher, student, etc.), the setting, the ways in which culture was a salient part of the experience, and the specific ways this experience challenged you to grow in your understanding of diversity, inclusion, and/or social justice.
- Résumé/CV. This document should contain the following elements in a form/format of your choosing: 1) Education, 2) Related Professional Experience (volunteer, practicum/internship, and/or employment), 3) Research Experience (publications, presentations, and/or other research involvement), 4) Professional Certifications and/or Licenses (if any), 5) Membership in Professional Organizations, and 6) Honors, Awards, or Recognitions.
2. Submit Official College Transcripts:
- Request official transcripts from all colleges you attended, including Auburn University, community colleges, and colleges where you may have only taken one or two courses.
- Official transcripts should be sent to The Graduate School, 106B Hargis Hall, Auburn, AL 36849.
- Request transcripts 4 to 6 weeks before the December 1st deadline.
3. Submit Official GRE Scores:
- Send GRE scores directly from the GRE testing center to The Graduate School, Auburn University.
- Use AU Code #1005
- Allow 4 to 6 weeks before the December 1st deadline for the receipt of GRE scores
4. Submit TOEFL Report (for International students only):
- Score must meet Auburn University’s minimum requirement; provisional or conditional admittance usually not provided.
- Paper TOEFL range=310-677, Auburn minimum 550
- Computer TOEFL range=0-300, Auburn minimum 213
- iBT TOEFL range=0-120, Auburn minimum 79.
Check the Status of Your Application
- Log into your Application Account or check the Graduate School FAQ.
- You are responsible for checking your application and ensuring recommendations, transcript(s), and GRE scores are received by December 1.
- Questions for the Graduate School? Call (334) 844-4700
- Questions for the Department? Call (334) 844-2876