Pan American Games qualification!
The USA Men’s and Women’s teams earned a bid to be the North American representative at the Pan American Games in Lima, Peru in July 2019. The winner of the Pan Am Games qualifies for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo! Follow Team USA!
Men’s and women’s national teams
Since the summer of 2013, Auburn University has been home to the USA Team Handball Men’s and Women’s National Teams. Athletes from all over the country live, work, or go to school in Auburn to condition and practice year-round. We host a number of international matches at the Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum, bringing competition from Canada to Uruguay. The School of Kinesiology conducts a grassroots youth program to introduce children to the sport of team handball around the state and in the southeast region. These children will be the next generation of great handball players in the United States.
upcoming handball events:
- October 14, 2018: Men’s National Team TRYOUTS @Auburn, AL
- September 2, 2018: PAN AMERICAN GAMES QUALIFIER @Auburn, AL
- USA qualified for the 2019 Pan American Games July 26 – Aug. 11, 2019, and will continue the road to Tokyo 2020
- June 9, 2018: Inaugural Auburn Youth Handball Tournament @Auburn, AL
- rising 4th – 6th graders (teams of 6-8 players)
- for more information visit the Auburn Opelika Handball Club event page
- June 9, 2018: Alabama State Games @Huntsville, AL
- Youth Tournament 3rd-5th grade & 6th-7th grade
- January 6-7, 2018: USA Women’s National Team Tryouts @Auburn, AL
- January 6-7, 2018: USA Women’s Junior National Team (1998-2002) Tryouts @Auburn, AL
- December 18, 2017: Youth Winter Classic @Auburn, AL
- August 20, 2017: USA Men’s National Team Tryouts @Auburn, AL
- August 15 – 25, 2017: USA Women’s tournament @S.Korea
- August 5, 2017: USA Women’s National Team Tryouts @Auburn, AL
- June 16 – 25, 2017: USA Women’s Pan American Championship @Buenos Aires, Argentina
- June 9 – 12, 2017: USA Men v. Canada, Mexico, & Puerto Rico @Auburn, AL
- June 9 – 10, 2017: Alabama State Games @Dothan, AL
- May 13, 2017: Youth Handball Clinic and Coaching Education Seminar @Auburn, AL
- March 24 – 26, 2017: USA Women v. Alberta, Canada @Auburn, AL
- December 17 – 18, 2016 Women’s National Team Player Pool Tryouts @Auburn, AL
- October 29 – 30, 2016 Women’s National Team Player Pool Tryouts @Auburn, AL
- October 15, 2016 Men’s National Team Player Pool Tryouts @Auburn, AL
- July 16 – 17, 2016 Women’s National Team Tryouts @Auburn, AL
- June 10 – 11, 2016 – Alabama State Games @Dothan, AL
- June 10 – 20, 2016 – Men’s Pan American Championship @Argentina
- May 18 – 26, 2016 International Handball Federation (IHF) Coaching Course @Auburn, AL
- Visit the USATH website for more info, news, and events!
- Get the Handball School Guide and Games for teachers and coaches.
- Meet the national team players.
- Learn about the sport of team handball.
- Read the rules of the game.
Auburn-Opelika Handball Club
Join the Auburn-Opelika youth handball club! New members receive a t-shirt, ball, and free admission to clinics hosted by Auburn University and USATH in Auburn-Opelika. The club was established in 2017 by a committee of members from the Auburn-Opelika Tourism Bureau, Auburn University School of Kinesiology, USA Team Handball, and Auburn City Schools.
Auburn University team Handball Club
Auburn University students can join the AU Team Handball Club to learn the sport, practice, and compete in games and tournaments. Visit the club pages below for more information. Then, if you want to take your game to the next level, consider trying out for the USA Handball Residency Program.