Purpose: The College of Education National Advisory Council (NAC) sponsors a mini-grant program for service-learning projects. The objective of this program is to facilitate the creation or enhancement of meaningful service-learning projects to meet the needs of students, schools and community organizations through advocacy and outreach. Projects may include leadership training, educational materials, literacy development, career exploration, college preparation, fund matching, tutoring experiences, library resources, and more.
Funding: Funding for the mini-grants program is provided through gifts from current and former National Advisory Council members. Additional funding is provided by the Dean with donations from other alumni and friends. Selected grants will be funded up to a maximum of $500.
Selection: Proposals will be reviewed by a committee of NAC members. The committee will select up to five proposals for funding.
- College of Education student groups and student organizations are invited and encouraged to submit project proposals for service-learning grants. Faculty and staff may also submit proposals.
- Proposals should specifically describe the project, its application and its desired outcome. All sections of the grant application are to be completed. A current College of Education faculty or staff member must endorse applications submitted by student organizations.
- Complete the application form and email the form to Dr. Jared A. Russell – COE Director of Student Development (firstname.lastname@example.org). Proposals are due by 4:45 PM on October 1, 2016. Awarded grants will be announced by December 1, 2016. Funds will be available by January 13, 2017.
- Mini-grant recipients will be asked to provide the National Advisory Council a report on the use of the mini-grant funds. The report may include an in-person presentation and student representation at a NAC meeting.
For more information about the National Advisory Council visit education.auburn.edu/alumni/nac.
National Advisory Council
Mini-Grants for Service-Learning Projects
2016 Project Proposal (Required Information)
- State the goals and objectives of the project. Include background information and the significance of the project. (maximum of 300 words)
- Describe the project. Be specific. Include materials, methods and population to be impacted. (maximum of 500 words)
- Describe the anticipated outcome/benefit/impact of the project.
How will that outcome be determined? (maximum of 300 words)
- Itemize the anticipated costs of the project. Please round items to the nearest dollar.