To provide travel support for College of Education graduate students presenting scholarly papers at domestic and international professional meetings.
All graduate students presenting conference papers are encouraged to apply for travel funds.
Extent of Awards
Individual travel awards range from a minimum of $50 to a maximum of $500 for the fiscal year. Criteria considered include priority designation of the meeting, extent of the student’s contribution to the paper, and availability of funds from other sources. Students who have already received an award for travel during a fiscal year will be considered for further travel funds, but will be lower priority than students who have not received travel funds in that year.
- Complete and submit the College of Education Graduate Travel Award Request form.
- Completed application form must be received at least 2 weeks before your travel.
The College of Education reviews applications as they are received during the year. To be eligible for funding, an application must be received no later than two weeks prior to the beginning of the proposed travel. Once you know that you are scheduled to present a paper, you should submit your request.
- You will be notified whether your request is granted as early as possible.
- Following travel, you have 7 working days to submit travel documents and receipts to the appropriate staff in your academic unit.
- Travel reimbursements will be processed as soon as possible. You should receive payment within one month after receipt by the College of Education.
Administration of Funds
Awards are made in the form of reimbursement for travel and related expenses. Awards cannot be distributed in advance of travel. Those who receive awards will be sent instructions regarding reimbursement at the time of award notification.