Teaching English for Specific Purposes M.S.
Looking for a graduate program to help you strengthen your teaching abilities to work with English learners in community, business, and overseas settings? Our master of science (M.S.) degree can be completed online or on campus. This degree will not certify you to teach in the K-12 public schools.
This program is designed for students who are seeking opportunities to work in community settings, university Intensive English Programs, international English schools, and other contexts, such as businesses, industry, travel, or diplomacy. The electives will allow you to specialize in teaching English in a particular content area, such as Business English, English for Science and Technology, or ESL Literacy.
Coursework – 30 hours minimum
- Teaching and Learning — 3 hours
- EDMD 7000 or CTES 7460
- Advisor-Approved CTES Courses — 9 hours
- Advisor-Approved Electives — 15 hours
- March 15 for Summer Semester admission
- June 15 for Fall Semester admission
- October 15 for Spring Semester admission
Application InstructionsAPPLY NOW Back to Top
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- There are grants and fellowships available to graduate students
- Auburn University’s Financial Aid Office also helps students find support
- A limited number of assistantships for on-campus students may be available. Contact the program coordinator for more information.