School Counseling M.Ed
Our program prepares you for a career as a professional school counselor in public or private elementary, middle/junior high, and high schools. Our program involves practica and internships related to your career goals. We accept both full-time and part-time students.
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in School Counseling is a 60-credit program accommodating either full-time or part-time students. This degree leads to recommendation for Class A Alabama professional educator certification. Graduates typically are employed in public or private elementary, middle/junior high, or high schools as professional school counselors.
Students complete practica and internships in settings related to their career goals.
- VIEW PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND CERTIFICATION OPTIONS>>
- VIEW ALL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS>>
- VIEW PREFERRED COURSE SEQUENCE>>
April 1, 2017 (for Fall 2017 start)
When applying, you will need to provide the following:
- All official transcripts
- 3 reference letters
- TOEFL report (International students only)
- Statement of intent
- Counselor Education Program Report 2015 – 2016
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Counselor Education Program Evaluation Summary
- Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling Alumni Survey Fall 2013
- CPS Employer/Supervisor Evaluation Fall 2013
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)