Music Education Ed.S.
If you’ve got a master’s, but are not yet ready to tackle the Ph.D., the Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Music Education at Auburn may be right for you. You continue graduate study past the master’s level, delve deeper into research, and complete a field project.
Starting in the summer and working consistently, you can complete this degree in four semesters (Summer, Fall, Spring, Summer).
Coursework — 30 hours
- Music education courses — 10 hours
- Teaching field courses — 11 hours
- Professional courses* — 6 hours
*RSED 6000/6006 Advanced Survey of Exceptionality is required if a survey of special education course was not previously completed.Back to Top
- March 15 for Summer Semester admission
- June 15 for Fall Semester admission
- October 15 for Spring Semester admission
- View Graduate Application and Admission for more specific details.
FacultyBack to Top
Costs & Financial Support
- Auburn’s Financial Aid Office helps students find support.
- Auburn’s Graduate School provides fellowships and financial aid information.
- College of Education Graduate Student Travel Awards Guidelines
Assistantships and Scholarships
- Auburn University Graduate Assistantship Guidelines
- Auburn University Scholarships (AUSOM)
- A limited number of graduate assistantships for on-campus students may be available.
- Contact the program coordinator for more information.