Music Education Ed.S.
If you’ve got a master’s, but are not yet ready to tackle the Ph.D., the Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Music Education at Auburn may be right for you. You continue graduate study past the master’s level, delve deeper into research, and complete a field project.
Starting in the summer and working consistently, you can complete this degree in four semesters (Summer, Fall, Spring, Summer).
Coursework — 30 hours
- Music education courses — 10 hours
- Teaching filed courses — 11 hours
- Professional courses* — 6 hours
*RSED 6000/6006 Advanced Survey of Exceptionality is required if a survey of special education course was not previously completed.
- March 15 for Summer Semester admission
- June 15 for Fall Semester admission
- October 15 for Spring Semester admission
Application MaterialsApply Now
Costs & Financial Support
- Auburn’s Student Financial Services provides up-to-date cost information.
- There are grants and fellowships available to graduate students.
- Auburn University’s Financial Aid Office also helps students find support.
- A limited number of assistantships for on-campus students may be available. Contact the program coordinator for more information.