Instructional Technology for Distance Education Graduate Certificate
Are you interested in teaching distance education courses in your area of specialization? Are you currently looking for a job as a university or community college professor? This graduate certificate will prepare you to design and implement student-centered learning environments in an online format. You will gain a theoretical and practical foundation of skills to create online courses.
Required Courses – 12 Hrs
- Instructional Design
- Graphic Design for Instruction
- Applied Instructional Design
- Theory & Practice of Distance Education
Elective Courses – 3 hrs
- Educational Psychology & Educational Implications
- Learning Theory & Educational Practice
- Research in Instructional Technology
- Directed Studies
- Teaching Apprenticeship
- Special Topics in Instructional Technology
Cost and Financial Support
- Auburn’s Student Financial Services Page provides up-to-date cost information.
- There are grants and fellowships available to graduate students.
- Auburn University’s Financial Aid Office also helps students find support.
- Federal financial aid can not be used to fund a graduate certificate if it is the only program in which you are enrolled.
Instructional Technology Faculty
Current Auburn Graduate Students
- Notify the certificate coordinator of your intent to pursue the graduate certificate prior to completion of degree program.
- Request admission to the certificate program.
Non-Auburn Graduate Students
- Apply to the Graduate School as a non-degree seeking graduate student.
- Online Application System
Initial Registration Requirement
Auburn University requires on-campus students to provide proof of vaccinations. Students must only do this before their first term of course registration. This process is now managed through an online service, Med+Pass.
- Auburn University Med+Pass (requires Auburn University email address).
- Are you unable to use Med+Pass because you don’t yet have an Auburn email account? Contact the EFLT Graduate Program Officer for assistance.
- Are you an online student? Contact your program coordinator to request your medical hold to be released.