Graduate Certificate in Reading Instruction

Back to Reading Education
Graduate Certificate in Reading Instruction

Interested in developing your abilities in reading instruction but not quite ready for a full degree program?  Are you are already enrolled in a related graduate program?  Our Graduate Certificate in Reading Instruction may be just what you need.  Courses are conveniently offered online, and, if you decide you want to pursue a graduate degree in reading education the certificate courses you take will transfer into those degrees.

Certificate Overview | Admissions | Faculty | Cost & Financial Information

Certificate Overview

The purpose of the graduate certificate in reading instruction is to better develop students’ knowledge of reading education to make them more effective teachers.

Coursework — 12 hours minimum

  • Required Courses (6 Hours)
  • CTRD 6000/6006 Language and Literacy in the Content Areas (3 Hours)
  • CTRD 6700/6706 Developmental Reading K-12 or CTRD 6710/6716 Literacy and Inquiry in the Content Areas: Grades 6-12
View All certificate requirements >>
Back to Top


Current Graduate Students

  • If you are currently enrolled in a graduate degree, notify the program coordinator that you want to pursue this certificate.

Non-Degree Students

  • If you are not enrolled in a graduate program, apply as a non-degree seeking graduate student through the Graduate School and notify the program coordinator that you want to pursue this certificate.

Application and Admission Information

View Graduate Application and Admission Information >>
Back to Top


View Program Faculty & Profiles >> 
Back to Top

Cost & Financial Information


Financial Support

  • Auburn’s Financial Aid Office helps students find support.
  • Auburn’s Graduate School provides fellowships and financial aid information.
    • Note: Federal financial aid can not be used to fund a graduate certificate if it is the only program in which you are enrolled.
Back to Top