Extension Educator Graduate Certificate

Back to Adult Education

Involved in Cooperative Extension? Our certificate may be for you as we will help you improve your ability to teach and train within the Cooperative Extension system.

Certificate Overview | Admissions | Initial Registration Requirement | Faculty | Cost & Financial Support

Certificate Overview

Required Courses – 12 hrs
  • Nature of Adult Education
  • Teaching the Disadvantaged Adult
  • Practicum
  • Extension Programs & Methods or Adult Education in Cooperative Extension
Elective Courses – 3 hrs
  • Approved elective in area of interest
Adult Education courses
Curriculum Model
Back to Top


Current Auburn Graduate Students

  • Notify the certificate coordinator of your intent to pursue the graduate certificate prior to completion of degree program.
  • Request admission to the certificate program

Non-Auburn Graduate Students

  • Apply to the Graduate School as a non-degree seeking graduate student.
Apply Now Back to Top

Initial Registration Requirement

Auburn University requires on-campus students to provide proof of vaccinations. Students must only do this before their first term of course registration. This process is now managed through an online service, Med+Pass.

Back to Top


Back to Top

Cost & Financial Support


Financial Support

  • Auburn’s Financial Aid Office helps students find support.
  • Auburn’s Graduate School provides fellowships and financial aid information.
  • Federal financial aid cannot be used to fund a graduate certificate if it is the only program in which you are enrolled.
Back to Top