Exercise Science M.S.
Our exercise science master’s degree focuses on biomechanics, exercise science, and motor behavior. Here you will advance your understanding of the effects of exercise and movement on the body and mind. An exercise science master’s degree will prepare you for professional school in medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or for a doctoral program in kinesiology.
We have three tracks in which you can specialize depending on your interests such as biomechanics, exercise physiology, or motor behavior.
Coursework — 33 hours
- 33 hours total
- 18 hours of Exercise Science
- 15 hours of Advisor Approved Credits
Three tracks from which to choose for your master’s degree:
- Study the structure and function of the human body’s mechanics.
- Learn the physics behind movement, involving analysis of the actions of forces.
- Exercise Physiology
- Study the acute responses and chronic adaptations to a variety of exercise conditions.
- Motor Behavior
- Study the psychology of human movement.
- Learn how people acquire and master physical tasks.
ResearchBack to Top
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Applications and all other relevant material must be received by the Graduate School by the following dates:
- February 1 for Graduate Assistantships (completed online with your graduate school application)
- May 1 for Fall semester start (August)
- April 1 for International applicants for Fall semester start (August)
Additional Admission Information
- GRE Test *See School of Kinesiology Admission Requirements
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Application fee payment
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL or IELTS test
- Medical insurance plan and an Official Statement of Financing
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- GRE score in the 25th percentile or higher on each section
- Letter of Intent indicating concentration (Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, or Motor Behavior)
- Approval from the School of Kinesiology Director, Graduate Studies Committee, and faculty
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Graduate Assistantships
- Graduate Tuition Fellowships
- Other Graduate Fellowships and Financial Aid
- Contact the Auburn University Office of Student Financial Services for more financial support opportunities and information.
- Work with athletes of all ages and abilities in our Performance and Health Optimization Center.
- Be part of the Warrior Research Center and help prepare soldiers for combat, improve training to prevent injuries, and design better military equipment and vehicles.