English Language Arts Education Ed.S.
Our English Language Arts education specialist program builds on your master’s degree. In this program, you will work with committed faculty who will help you develop your research skills while you also gain Class AA certification. If you’re ready to continue your education, but not ready for the Ph.D., the Ed.S. degree is the logical choice!
The Ed.S. degree leads to recommendation for Class AA Alabama professional educator certification.
Coursework — 30 hours
- 12 Hrs – Teaching Field Courses
- 18 Hrs – English Education and Professional Courses*
- Includes Field Project
*RSED 6000/6006 Advanced Survey of Exceptionality is required if a survey of special education course was not previously completed.Back to Top
- March 15 for Summer Semester admission
- June 15 for Fall Semester admission
- October 15 for Spring Semester admission
- View Graduate Application and Admission for more specific details.
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- Auburn’s Financial Aid Office helps students find support.
- Auburn’s Graduate School provides fellowships and financial aid information.
- College of Education Graduate Student Travel Awards Guidelines
Assistantships and Scholarships
- Auburn University Graduate Assistantship Guidelines
- Auburn University Scholarships (AUSOM)
- A limited number of graduate assistantships for on-campus students may be available.
- Contact the program coordinator for more information.