Elementary Education M.Ed./M.S.
Our innovative online master’s degrees in elementary education expand upon your undergraduate work. You’ll work directly with our outstanding faculty to broaden your approach to teaching elementary-aged students. The M.Ed. degree is designed for those who already have initial-level teaching certification. As a graduate of this program, you’ll be eligible to apply for Alabama Class A professional educator certification. Our M.S. non-certification program provides an interdisciplinary graduate-level education for community-based or international educators who do not wish to gain teacher certification/licensure in the United States.
M.Ed. Degree Overview
The M.Ed. degree is designed for those who already have initial-level teaching certification. It leads to recommendation for Class A Alabama professional educator certification.
Coursework — 30 hours
- Teaching Field — 24 hours
- Advisor-approved Courses* — 6 hours
*RSED 6000/6006 Advanced Survey of Exceptionality is required if a survey of special education course was not previously completed.Back to Top
M.S. Degree Overview
The M.S. degree does not lead to professional educator certification.
Coursework — 30 hours
- Elementary Education Courses — 15 hours
- Orientation to Teaching and Learning — 1 hour
- Advisor-approved Electives — 12 hours
- Capstone in Teaching and Learning — 2 hours
- June 15 for Fall Semester admission
- October 15 for Spring Semester admission
- March 15 for Summer Semester admission
- View Graduate Application and Admission for more specific details.
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- Auburn’s Student Financial Services provides estimated cost of attendance information.
- Tuition and Fees
- Auburn’s Financial Aid Office helps students find support.
- Auburn’s Graduate School provides fellowships and financial aid information.
- College of Education Graduate Student Travel Awards Guidelines
Assistantships and Scholarships
- Auburn University Graduate Assistantship Guidelines
- Auburn University Scholarships (AUSOM)
- A limited number of graduate assistantships for on-campus students may be available.
- Contact the program coordinator for more information.