College and University Teaching Graduate Certificate
Are you interested in college or university teaching? With just 12 hours of coursework and a supervised teaching practicum you can be more prepared to teach at the college or university level. If you are already enrolled in a degree program at Auburn, contact Karley Riffe, Ph.D., to let her know you’d like to pursue the certificate. We welcome all graduate students to the program.
Required Courses – 9 Hrs
- The Professoriate
- Seminar in College Teaching
Elective Courses – 3 hrs
- Teaching the Disadvantaged Adult
- Special Topics in Adult Education
- Curriculum Theory & Practice
- Educational Psychology & Educational Implications
- The Individual in the Teaching-Learning Process
- Learning Theory & Educational Practice
- Social & Cultural Diversity in American Education
- Preparing Future Faculty Seminar
- Other Approved Courses
- February 1 (for Fall semester start)
- October 1 (for Spring semester start)
Current Auburn Graduate Students
- Notify the certificate coordinator to discuss your interest in the program and enrollment options.
- Complete the online application, choosing the Certificate in College/University Teaching.
Non-Auburn Graduate Students
- Apply to the Graduate School as a non-degree seeking graduate student.
- Online Application System
Initial Registration Requirement
Auburn University requires on-campus students to provide proof of vaccinations. Students must only do this before their first term of course registration. This process is now managed through an online service, Med+Pass.
- Auburn University Med+Pass (requires Auburn University email address).
- Are you unable to use Med+Pass because you don’t yet have an Auburn email account? Contact the EFLT Graduate Program Officer for assistance.
- Are you an online student? Contact your program coordinator to request your medical hold to be released.
FacultyBack to Top
Cost and Financial Support
- Auburn’s Student Financial Services Page provides up-to-date cost information.
- There are grants and fellowships available to graduate students.
- Auburn University’s Financial Aid Office also helps students find support.
- Federal financial aid can not be used to fund a graduate certificate if it is the only program in which you are enrolled.