Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling M.Ed.
Would you like to work with youth and adults with disabilities? Our program can prepare you to be a rehabilitation counselor. Our graduates work in state and federal vocational rehabilitation programs. You could also work in non-profit community rehabilitation programs.
We offer an online option for this program.
Coursework — 60 hours
- M.Ed. degree (non-thesis option — 60 semester hours + a written Certified Rehabilitation Counselor examination administered by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification.
Practicum Course — 3 hours
- 100 clock hours counseling practice
Clinical Practice or Internship — 9 hours
- 600 clock hours practical work
- May 15 for fall enrollment
- On campus and distance cohorts will be enrolled to begin fall semester only.
For the admission process, you will need to provide the following:
- All official transcripts
- 3 reference forms
- TOEFL report (for international students)
- Statement of intent
- Cultural Statement
- Writing sample required
- Interviews are required
- Graduate School application and payment
The Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program is CACREP accredited.
- CED Programs’ Outcomes Report 2019-2020 (PDF)
- CED Comprehensive Assessment Process and Program Modifications 2019-2020 (PDF)
- 25 new students admitted into the program
- 8 students received RSA scholarships
- 100% of students successfully passed the comprehensive program evaluation
- 2 students graduated
- 94% of students graduated in summer 2019
- 100% of students graduated in summer 2019
- 20 new students admitted into the program
- 16 students received RSA scholarships
- 100% of the second-year students successfully passed the CRC exam
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- Auburn University Graduate Assistantship Guidelines
- Auburn University Research and Travel Fellowships
- Auburn University Scholarships (AUSOM)
- Auburn University Student Financial Services
- College of Education Graduate Student Travel Awards Guidelines
- SERC Graduate Assistantship Application (Priority given to doctoral students)
Information for Current Students
- Graduate Diversity Campus Experience (DiCE)
- Iota Delta Sigma Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota, an international honor society