Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling M.Ed.

Back to Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
Back to Counselor Education Programs

Would you like to work with youth and adults with disabilities? Our program can prepare you to be a rehabilitation counselor. Our graduates work in  state and federal vocational rehabilitation programs. You could also work in non-profit community rehabilitation programs.

Counselor Education Programs Mission Statement >>

Degree Overview | Admissions | Accreditation | Program Highlights | Faculty | Cost & Financial Support | Information for Current Students

Degree Overview

We offer an online option for this program.

Coursework — 60 hours

  • M.Ed. degree (non-thesis option — 60 semester hours + a written Certified Rehabilitation Counselor examination administered by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification.
View all Program Requirements>>

Practicum Course — 3 hours

  • 100 clock hours counseling practice

Clinical Practice or Internship — 9 hours

  • 600 clock hours practical work
View Master’s Program Handbook (PDF) >>
View Master’s Professional Practice Handbook (PDF) >>
Back to Top


Application Deadline

  • May 15 for fall enrollment
  • On campus and distance cohorts will be enrolled to begin fall semester only.

Application Requirements

For the admission process, you will need to provide the following:

  • All official transcripts
  • 3 reference forms
  • TOEFL report (for international students)
  • Statement of intent
  • Cultural Statement
  • Writing sample required
  • Interviews are required
  • Graduate School application and payment
Apply Now Back to Top


The Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program is CACREP accredited.

Back to Top

Program Highlights

  • 25 new students admitted into the program
  • 8 students received RSA scholarships
  • 100% of students successfully passed the comprehensive program evaluation
  • 2 students graduated
  • 94% of students graduated in summer 2019
  • 100% of students graduated in summer 2019
  • 20 new students admitted into the program
  • 16 students received RSA scholarships
  • 100% of the second-year students successfully passed the CRC exam
Back to Top


View Program Faculty & Profiles >>
Back to Top

Cost & Financial Support


Tuition & Cost

Rehabilitation Service Administration Long-Term Training Grant

Auburn University received a Rehabilitation Service Administration (RSA) Long-Term Training grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Students who receive the scholarships are funded in Year Two of the program. The RSA scholarships cover tuition in Year Two. Scholarships do not cover all costs of attendance at Auburn University. RSA Scholarship funding has eligibility criteria and is a separate competitive application process. Students must apply and be accepted to the Master of Education in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program at Auburn University. They must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing with all other program requirements (e.g., Residency Training). Applications are solicited from students going into Year Two. A scholarship application is required, in addition to transcripts and letters of recommendation. Scholarships will be awarded to the most competitive applicants.

RSA scholars must complete their required 600-hour internship at a state vocational rehabilitation agency. Also, they must be in good standing with the program and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to remain eligible.

RSA expects two years of payback working in qualified employment for every year of funding a scholar accepts. If RSA scholars receive one year of funding at Auburn University, they must work as a rehabilitation counselor in qualified employment for two years to satisfy their obligation to RSA.

Please contact Dr. Jill Meyer if you have any questions about scholarships.

Rehabilitation Service Administration Innovative Training Grant (Vocational Evaluation and Forensic Certificate Program)

Our program also provides RSA funding for the Vocational Evaluation Forensic Certificate (VEFC) Program. Those who are applying to our Master’s program can also apply for this certificate program. Inquiries can be sent to

Financial Support

Back to Top

Information for Current Students

Back to Top