Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.Ed./M.S.
Our practice-based program prepares counselors to work in inpatient, outpatient, non-profit, private practice, community agency, governmental, and educational settings.
The master’s degree can be completed in five semesters for full-time students taking 12 credit hours per semester. Enrollments can be tailored for part-time students.
Coursework — 60 hours minimum
- Offers courses in all eight CACREP common core areas.
- Offers specialized classes such as counseling children and adolescents, crisis counseling, and substance use disorders.
- Provides diverse practicum and internship placements within a 100 mile radius of Auburn, Ala.
Practicum Course — 3 hours
- 100 clock hours practical work
Clinical Practice or Internship — 1 to 9 hours
- 600 clock hours practical work
- February 1 for Fall semester admission
For the admission process, you will need to provide the following:
- All official transcripts
- 3 reference forms
- TOEFL report (for international students)
- Statement of intent
- Interviews are required
- Graduate School application and payment
The master’s program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- Counselor Education Program Outcomes 2016-2017 (PDF)
- Counselor Education Comprehensive Assessment Plan (PDF)
- 24 students graduated.
- Of this group, 92% passed the National Counselor Exam (NCE) and obtained the National Counselor Credential (NCC).
- 100% of students successfully passed the comprehensive program evaluation.
- 100% of our graduates successfully transitioned to their professional goals:
- 92% pursued counseling employment opportunities
- 8% enrolled in counseling doctoral programs.
- 21 students admitted into the program.
- 23 students admitted into the program.
- 91% of students successfully passed the comprehensive program evaluation.
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- Auburn University Graduate Assistantship Guidelines
- Auburn University Research and Travel Fellowships
- Auburn University Scholarships (AUSOM)
- Auburn University Student Financial Services
- College of Education Graduate Student Travel Awards Guidelines
- SERC Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship
- SERC Graduate Assistantship Application (Priority given to doctoral students)
Information for Current Students
- Graduate Diversity Campus Experience (DiCE)
- Iota Delta Sigma Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota, an international honor society