Agricultural Leadership M.S.
Are you interested in working in agricultural business, education, extension education, or other agriculture-related fields? The agriculture leadership degree will help you become skilled at developing and implementing programs that prepare others for the agricultural industry.
Our master’s program has only two required courses, providing you with great flexibility to create a program that best meets your learning needs. Most students distribute their courses as follows:
REQUIRED COURSES 18 hrs
- Methods of Teaching
- Nature of Adult Education
- Workforce Education
- Leading Career & Technical Organization
Specialty Area 9 Hrs
Work with your advisor to select the most appropriate courses for you to complete within the area of agriculture.
ADVISOR APPROVED COURSES – 6 HRS
Consult with your advisor to create the most appropriate courses for you to complete from areas such as agronomy & soils, entomology & plant pathology, or poultry & food science.Back to Top
- March 15 (for Summer semester start)
- March 15 (for Fall semester start)
- October 1 (for Spring semester start)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Admissions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- Approval of the Department’s Graduate Program Committee, Department Head, faculty members of the Adult Education program, and the Dean of the Graduate School.
- All official transcripts
(Hard copies) Send to: Graduate School, 106 Hargis Hall, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849
(Electronic copies) — if permitted by granting institution — Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Record Examination Score —
Competitive Scores: 400/146 Verbal; 400/140 Quantitative; 3.5/Competent Writing
- Statement of Intent
- 3 letters of recommendation
Initial Registration Requirement
Auburn University requires on-campus students to provide proof of vaccinations. Students must only do this before their first term of course registration. This process is now managed through an online service, Med+Pass.
- Auburn University Med+Pass (requires Auburn University email address)
- Are you unable to use Med+Pass because you don’t yet have an Auburn email account? Contact the EFLT Graduate Program Officer for assistance.
- Are you an online student? Contact your program coordinator to request your medical hold to be released.
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- Tuition and Fees Chart
- Auburn’s Student Financial Services page provides up-to-date cost information.
- There are grants and fellowships available to graduate students.
- Auburn University’s Financial Aid Office also helps students find support.
- James E. & Maria Martinez Witte Annual Fellowship
- Current or incoming graduate student
- Pursuing degree in Adult Education program
- Dr. William A. Spencer Annual Fellowship
- Graduate student in EFLT
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Exhibits exceptional promise and leadership in one of the areas of the EFLT Department
- JoAnn Granberry Murrell
- Fully admitted to College of Education
- Part-time or Full-time student
- Enrolled in EFLT program
- Demonstrate financial need