Adult Education M.Ed./M.S.
You can enter the nation’s largest educational enterprise, adult education, with this degree. Rapid changes in technology and the workplace cause individuals to retrain, update, or change careers. You will address issues in training and development as you explore careers such as:
- A Corporate Trainer
- College/University Faculty
- Adult Basic Education Teacher
- Independent Training Consultant
- Educational Program Writer and Evaluator
- An individual who offers sessions through community or educational agencies
- Evening Adult Classes Teacher
- Community Leader
- Author of Self-Help Books.
Our master’s program has only two required courses, providing you with great flexibility to create a program that best meets your learning needs. Most students distribute their courses as follows:
Required Courses 6 hrs (12 hrs for MS students)
- Research Thesis — Students pursuing the M.S. option must complete at least 6 hours of research and thesis coursework.
Advisor Approved Courses – 24 hrs
Consult with your advisor to create the most appropriate set of courses for you to complete.Back to Top
- March 15 (for Summer semester start)
- June 1 (for Fall semester start)
- October 1 (for Spring semester start)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Admissions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- Approval of the Department’s Graduate Program Committee, Department Head, faculty members of the Adult Education program and the Dean of the Graduate School.
- All official transcripts
(Hard copies) Send to: Graduate School, 106 Hargis Hall, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849
(Electronic copies) — if permitted by granting institution — Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GRE scores are not required for admission to this degree program.
- Statement of Intent
- 3 letters of recommendation
Initial Registration Requirement
Auburn University requires on-campus students to provide proof of vaccinations. Students must only do this before their first term of course registration. This process is now managed through an online service, Med+Pass.
- Auburn University Med+Pass (requires Auburn University email address)
- Are you unable to use Med+Pass because you don’t yet have an Auburn email account? Contact the EFLT Graduate Program Officer for assistance.
- Are you an online student? Contact your program coordinator to request your medical hold to be released.
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- Tuition and Fees Chart
- Auburn’s Student Financial Services Page provides up-to-date cost information.
- There are grants and fellowships available to graduate students.
- Auburn University’s Financial Aid Office also helps students find support.
- Dr. William A. Spencer Annual Fellowship
- Graduate student in EFLT
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Exhibits exceptional promise and leadership in one of the areas of the EFLT Department
- JoAnn Granberry Murrell
- Fully admitted to College of Education
- Part-time or Full-time student
- Enrolled in EFLT program
- Demonstrate financial need