Administration of Higher Education M.Ed.
If you are interested in higher education administration in a college or university, our degree may be for you. We examine practices, policies, and current issues in American higher education. Our program develops skilled and knowledgeable professionals. With this degree, you could explore careers in higher education and student affairs administration.
Our master’s degree program can be customized to your learning needs. You and your advisor will create the best set of courses for your needs. Most students distribute their courses as follows:
Core Courses – 27 hrs
Consult with your advisor to choose the best Higher Education or Adult Education courses to meet your needs.
Foundation Courses – 3 hrs
Select either an Educational Psychology course or other advisor-approved course.
Research – 3 hrs
Consult with your advisor to select the best research methods course for your needs.
Total Required: 33 HRSBack to Top
- February 1 (for Fall semester start)
- October 1 (for Spring semester start)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- Approval of the Department’s Graduate Program Committee, Department Head, faculty members of the Administration of Higher Education program, and the Dean of the Graduate School
- All official transcripts
(Hard copies) Send to: Graduate School, 106 Hargis Hall, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849
(Electronic copies) — if permitted by granting institution — Send to: email@example.com
- Statement of Intent
- Clearly describe your reason for pursuing the program (i.e., How a Master’s in Higher Education at Auburn University will help you to achieve your goals)
- Describe your professional and/or research interests in Higher Education
- Make it clear that the personal statement is specific to the Auburn University Program and Program Faculty
- 3 letters of recommendation
Initial Registration Requirement
Auburn University requires on-campus students to provide proof of vaccinations. Students must only do this before their first term of course registration. This process is now managed through an online service, Med+Pass.
- Auburn University Med+Pass (requires Auburn University email address)
- Are you unable to use Med+Pass because you don’t yet have an Auburn email account? Contact the EFLT Graduate Program Officer for assistance.
- Are you an online student? Contact your program coordinator to request your medical hold to be released.
FacultyBack to Top
Cost & Financial Support
- Tuition and Fees Chart
- Auburn’s Student Financial Services provides up-to-date cost information.
- There are grants and fellowships available to graduate students.
- Auburn University’s Financial Aid Office also helps students find support.
- The Division of Student Affairs provides information for the Placement of Graduate Assistants.
- Dr. Imogen Mathison Mixson Endowment Graduate Award
- Enrolled in either master’s or doctoral program in Administration of Higher Education
- Preference to applicants from the Wiregrass area of Alabama (to include the counties of Barbour, Coffee, Covington, Dale, Geneva, Henry, and Houston)
- Dr. William A. Spencer Annual Fellowship
- Graduate student in EFLT
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Exhibits exceptional promise and leadership in one of the areas of the EFLT Department
- JoAnn Granberry Murrell
- Fully admitted to College of Education
- Part-time or Full-time student
- Enrolled in EFLT program
- Demonstrate financial need