To prepare exemplary educational practitioners and develop cooperative partnerships with University departments, schools, community agencies and business and industry to provide outstanding educators, trainers, and leaders.
Our Department Head
James W. Satterfield, Ph.D. — 4038 Haley Center, Auburn, AL 36849 (334) 844-4460.
Helpful Information for Current and Prospective Students
Information for prospective students
Preparing to Apply to Graduate School in Education
If you are considering applying to any of our programs and would like guidance in creating a competitive application, consider taking our free self-paced course Preparing to Apply to Graduate School in Education. You’ll be asked to register with an email address and create a password. If you’re a current or former Auburn student, this system is separate from your AUAccess credentials.
This course walks through the basics of what to expect in graduate school, the differences between different degree types (e.g., M.Ed./M.S., Ed.S., Ph.D.), how to find the right program and determine what program can help them reach career goals, how to craft a strong and competitive application package, prepare for interviews, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Course Waiting Lists & Registration Assistance
- Waiting Lists — Accessed by the regular registration process
- Employees can register at the start of registration — no need to wait until the week before classes start
- Wait lists automatically activate once a class has reached capacity.
- Waitlisted students receive offers of places in a class in the order they were placed on the wait list, should seats become available.
- If you are on the waitlist for a course, watch your Tigermail account for messages from Banner. You will be given 24 hrs to accept a seat in a course if it becomes available
Announcements from the Department
EFLT Graduate Student Travel Policy
In order for graduate students to obtain funding for conference/professional travel, they must request support from the Graduate School and the College before requesting assistance from the department.
- Graduate School Travel Fellowships
- College of Education travel support information
- Department travel support information:
- Must provide evidence of having applied for both College and Graduate School travel support
- Must provide proof of an accepted paper or presentation at a professional conference
- Up to $100 plus conference registration for each conference request is available
Job Placement for Graduate Students
The Division of Student Affairs provides information about the Placement for Graduate Assistants.