Most degree programs and certificates in our department have similar requirements for the application packets. If you are interested in the Administration of Elementary & Secondary Education degrees or certificate, please pay careful attention to those items marked “AES” on this list. You must include those items in addition to the general items for all programs.
Completed Online application
- Names and contact information for 3 people who will serve as academic references. Submit these to the online application for the Graduate School.
- All official transcripts must be posted to the online application
- Official GRE or Miller’s Analogy Test scores must be posted.
- Must pay for application before department can see it.
3 letters of recommendation
- Select the online option in the online application.
- Once the form is completed, references can choose to either complete a narrative supplemental statement, or attach a separate letter of recommendation.
- Recommendation letters should NOT be sent to the department.
Statement of Intent
- 300-500 words (1 page single space or 2 pages double spaced)
- Current professional goals
- Reason for selecting the program
- Type of position(s) you expect to seek
- Philosophy of education
- Professional issues of most concern or interest
- Areas of research interest
- Submit to online application
- May be on campus or web-conference formats
- Schedule if requested by program coordinator
Additional Application Portfolio for AES Applicants
- Submit all items to online application
- Current resume or curriculum vita
- Copy of valid and renewable teaching certificate
- Authorization for criminal history background check
- Unofficial or Official copies of transcripts from all previous universities attended
- Unofficial or Official copies of GRE or Miller’s Analogy Test scores
- EDUCATEAlabama Professional Learning Plan
- Feedback from your EDUCATEAlabama Professional Learning Plan
- Written statement of interest –
Why are you interested in the program?
No more than 1 single spaced page, 12 pt font.
- Evidence of ability to improve student achievement
- Evidence of leadership and management potential