LRCTech provides the following IT services to Education faculty and staff for AU purchased computers in offices, classrooms, and labs.
- Computer (desktop, laptop, and tablet) purchasing, setup, and management
- Classroom computer support
- Computer lab support
- User and email accounts
- General troubleshooting
We can assist with software purchasing and license management for faculty and staff. The following software has been licensed for use in the College of Education.
- SPSS – quantitative analysis
- AMOS – structural equation modeling
- Minitab – quantitative analysis
- SAS – quantitative analysis
- Atlas.ti – qualitative analysis
- Matlab – numerical computing
- LabView – system engineering
- ArcGIS – location based analysis
- Endnote – reference manager
- Camtasia – video editor
- Snagit – screen capture and recorder
Additional software installed by LRCTech:
- Airwatch – mac and mobile device management
- KACE – endpoint patching
- SophOS – antivirus software
WEBSITE & APPLICATION SUPPORT
We provide technical and service-related support on a broad range of web application development technologies and user/client services related to Web applications.
DISTANCE EDUCATION SUPPORT
The Learning Resources Center offers consultation, training and support for distance education within the College of Education. Multiple classrooms used by the College of Education have been modified to allow for the recording of classes. Two main applications available to instructors include Panopto (audio/video with screen capture) and Zoom (synchronous, interactive, meeting software). Instructors can then consider the options they have and best determine how they would like their course will be delivered.
For more information regarding classrooms, technology, software or support, please contact:
Information Technology Specialist VI
3410-C Haley Center
(334) 844-4297 – office
(334) 750-3949 – cell
Class sets of iPads are available for College of Education classes pending faculty request.
Individual iPads are available for faculty to assist with workshops, conferences, research, etc.
A mobile iPad cart containing 30 iPads is available.
Apps can be purchased for departments, faculty and staff in the College of Education using the Volume Purchase Program. A FOAP will need to be provided.
For more information about iPad use in the classroom, please contact:
3408-D Haley Center
Send an Email for iPad Support